Dear Alward Families,
As a district, we have developed a common platform for ALL parents to access learning opportunities for your children, for all grades K-5. In this email, you will find information on how to log into your child’s email account and classroom teacher’s Google Classroom, how to connect to learning opportunities for specials’ classes (ART, MUSIC, PE and STEAM STUDIO), and an overview of the weekly schedule for all learning opportunities.
How to Log into Gmail and Google Classroom
The majority of our 3rd-5th grade students are already familiar with gmail and Google Classroom. Here is a video that you can watch to help you and your child out if you need it. This video also explains how they will join their teacher’s Google Classroom if they haven’t done so already.
How to Connect to Learning Opportunities for Specials’ Classes
Here is a video that will show you how to join our specials’ Google Classrooms. To join their classes, you will need the following codes:
- Art: 47g3l47
- Music: mf7jvye
- PE: yjw2ucw
- STEAM: All 3-5 students already are in Google Classroom. Please email Mrs. McClure if your child is not in a STEAM class.
Overview of the Weekly Schedule
Once again, we know some parents want MORE than what we provide and some parents will be overwhelmed by what we provide. I cannot stress this enough: please do what works for you and your family. These are optional learning opportunities for our students to engage with their classroom teachers and classmates (staying connected) while also keeping them exposed to some content. Our number one priority is still our families’ social/emotional health and well-being. Please do what works for you and your family.
The format of the schedule is meant to be flexible and adaptable for all schedules. Currently, we have some teachers doing more than what is described below. The minutes listed below are maximum daily instructional minutes. Remember you can do these lessons at any point in your day. They are not scheduled for certain times.
|Elementary On-Line Maximum Daily Instructional Minutes
|30 min. Math
|30 min. ELA
15 mins. PE
|30 min. Math
|30 min. ELA
15 mins Art
|30 mins. Science or Social Studies
What will this look like?
Here is what Monday may look like for your learner.
- Students will log into their Google Classroom and click on their classroom teacher’s Google Classroom.
- Classroom teachers will post a video link of a math mini lesson for Monday in their Google Classroom that will be approximately 10 minutes in length. There will then be an activity posted that will go along with that mini lesson. The activity might include solving some math problems or working on a website (Study Island, ExtraMath, Prodigy).
- Students will then go to their STEAM Google Classroom. STEAM will have an activity posted for kids to participate in that will take no longer than 15 minutes.
- The total amount of instructional minutes per day will be at most 45 minutes. Once again, please do what works best for you and your family!
We are an amazing school community that will rise to the occasion to do the best we can for our children and families! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help or support. Thank you for all of your support, encouragement, grace, and understanding during this time! We really appreciate all of you!
Mrs. Melanie McClure & Mr. Karel